3D Model Recommendation Files - General

Does anybody have any tried and true 3D models that can be printed for lab usage? Any labware of any kind would be greatly appreciated - I’m just looking to build out our capabilities as a lab. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

A labware lab-share would be a great addition to this site or the wiki. I’ve seen a few tube holders and other misc things on tinkerCAD and thingaverse, but haven’t even tried printing any.

Here’s a fun one: Lab Centrifuge Fidget Spinner by Mat-Lek - Thingiverse

2 Likes

I really should make this…

2 Likes

Let’s do it!

I think I have some old files laying around somewhere…

2 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve found some parametric tube racks that I was able to convert to SBS format. Here’s a 6x9 HPLC vial rack that I’ve done 1 print of and came out pretty nice. Largely remixed from this post on thingiverse.

1 Like

would love to see some more activity on this topic though!

1 Like

Thank you! You beat @luisvillaautomata to the punch :smile:

1 Like

Hey man :rofl:

I’ve been swamped!

I have a some junk from when I started 3D printing… HPLC 48 position tube rack and 56 position Starstedt tube rack that we never use. Honestly, I may try the HPLC tube rack again, that would be nice! I do have a stackable 1000uL FTR tip box for the Hamilton Vantage E/E module.

I also printed a lab sonicator add on so we can fill the sonicator directly from the sink instead of using a beaker. It was recently thrown away when we bought a new sonicator. I get a lot of requests for that to be reprinted lol.

Finally, we printed some NMR tube spinners that are compatible with 4 inch NMR tubes.

I’ll see what I can share!

1 Like

My first 3D print was a centrifuge tube holder from Thingiverse, which I did for free at the library. That convinced my lab to let me buy a printer for the office.

My go to lately is Printables, followed by Thingiverse. A quick search for “centrifuge” gives tons of options and inspiration. Sadly, “SBS” is a noisy search.
Less popular, or perhaps just more niche, the NIH hardware section has a couple neat things to get ideas from. Their larger model selection is great as well.

A fun model to print: Printables

I found the simple geometric shapes of labware to be a great learning tool for modeling and creating your own custom models.

3 Likes

I have some SBS tube holders that I designed in TinkerCad and are usable.

2 Likes