Carrier BC Scan Issue After Autoload Scanner Replacement - easyBlood SMP_CAR_24_C00 (Resolved)

Hello Forum Friends,

I have run into a recent challenge with a replacement autoload scanner on my easyBlood STARlet. My method works on my replicate system which has the older verson of the Leuze autoload scanner. I have examined the two deck layout files and the Properties tab of the labware definition of the easyBlood SMP_CAR_C00_16x100_EDTA_10mL_eBlood.rck and they are identical on each of my instrument’s deck layouts. I have also ruled out any barcode mask discrepancies. I am not having any trouble with different carrier types (i.e. SMP_CAR_24_15x50_A00.rck), and I have tried multiple SMP_CAR_C00_16x100_EDTA_10mL_eBlood carriers to make sure it wasn’t just a faulty barcode on one carrier.

The issue I run into on my newer system is that it will not read the barcode on this carrier when attempting to load. I toggled many of the relevant Labware Properties and can trigger new errors, but it should be simple to read the .rck barcode, satisfy the Barcode Mask requirements and load the carrier like the other system. Please see the simple error below:

I have .pkg files ready for those able to help resolve this issue. Thank you in advance!

Wow, sounds puzzling!

Did you try to check the hardware is installed and setup correctly? i.e. does it read carrier barcodes at all? Was the barcode/autoload macro run to check alignment?

Thanks @bowlineknot. Excellent points, but yes - it is installed correctly and the loading of other carriers is functioning properly, e.g. using a SMP_CAR_24 tube carrier. It is puzzling indeed. Hopefully one of the Hamilton guys can weigh in! @NickHealy_Hamilton or @DanHartman_Hamilton? Thank you!

@EricSindelar_Hamilton. @BrandonBare_Hamilton?

Hi @bp11 ,

Can you please upload the pkg, trace and COM Trace from your run that was not scanning the carrier barcode in the link below:

File Upload
Password: Hamilton24

I can take a look, but I would suggest reaching out to your local FAS as this issue may require eyes on the system to find the root cause.

Thanks for the quick response Brandon. Files uploaded. It gave me a confirmation of 2 files, though I uploaded 3. Let me know if one of the requested files is missing. Thanks again for taking a look for me.

Hi @bp11 ,

I can see on the COM Trace that there was 2 runs where one was run on track 5 and the other was on track 4. Was the same carrier run on both tracks?

Hi @BrandonBare_Hamilton,

Sorry for the confusion. I ran Method1.med two times. The first on track 5 with SMP_CAR_24 which successfully unloaded and loaded that carrier on track 5, with successful unload and load. I then switched the sequences to unload and load my easyBlood carrier on track 4, which is still having trouble identifying the carrier barcode on the load step.

I reran the troublesome carrier load on track 4 and uploaded a new COM trace for you.

Thank you

Hi @bp11 ,

No confusion! I just wanted to see if the issue was isolated to a certain carrier or a certain track. I can’t see anything out of ordinary on my end. The properties align with how it should be and both carriers have the same settings that also match on a working system that I compared to on my end.

I would suggest reaching out to RoboticsService@HamiltonCompany.com and get your local FES on site to assess the Autoload and Carrier.

1 Like

Will do, they are conveniently onsite tomorrow for a different PM. I thought this might be a software/ carrier property issue that could be addressed.

Thank you, as always for the great support from the Hamilton team on this platform.

2 Likes

To follow up, our service engineer did indeed need to fix the alignment of the scanner even though it was working well for all other carrier types. Problem solved. Thanks Hamilton!

4 Likes