EasyCode

Is there typically a stand alone installation of EasyCode on a workstation used to control a Starlet? I recently wanted to use the scanner on our starlet independently of running a method on Venus but was surprised that I couldn’t find EasyCode installed.

Yes, there is a separate installer for the easyCode software as there is an additional license included to account for the image acquisition and analysis. Please reach out to your local sales team for further information. If you need help getting in contact with them, please let me know!

Out of curiosity, what is easyCode?

This may not be a totally accurate explanation but my understanding is that easyCode is the software that runs on Hamilton plate readers. We have an easyCode Carrier on our Starlet as well as a “ID station” on our BiOS M that uses easyCode software. I’m not sure if easyCode is also used on Hamilton’s LabElite ID Reader.

Is there a fee associated with the additional license? I planned on temporarily using the easyCode Carrier on our Starlet to scan some high density racks. It may be easier for me to use easyCode as it is configured on our BiOS if there’s an image acquisition/analysis element I didn’t consider.

Yes, my understanding is that a Halcon license is needed for each camera/setup. If you purchased an easyCode carrier for your STARlet, then it comes with the easyCode software.

2 Likes