Error: Cannot track the action move

Hi, has anyone seen this error before: The error description is: Cannot track the action move. (Cannot update labware data (An error occurred while running Vector. The error description is: Cannot execute query. (Database ‘HamiltonVectorDB’ is being recovered. Waiting until recovery is finished.) (0x60 - 0x10 - 0x8))) (0x61 - 0x6 - 0x53) (0x0 - 0x0 - 0x4005) ?

I could not replicate the error and was trying to identify the root cause.

1 Like

Hi @Wes ,

These kinds of errors are usually a result of the SQL database starting to fail. Typically, when this happens it requires reinstallation of the SQL server. What version of Venus do you have installed?

There are a few items you can check that might help the database.

1. See if you have any databases still connected. This can happen if a run is aborted or closed before it finishes cleaning up on its own. You can tell if you have databases still connected by opening up the VectorDatabaseManager in the Bin folder.

If the database is still attached, it will look like this and you can simply detach it:

1. Double check to make sure your log folder is not getting too full. Ideally you would want to keep this folder under 2GB. If it is much higher than that, I would recommend archiving the folder to another location. Make sure to detach all the databases first before archiving the folder!
3 Likes

Hi @BrandonBare_Hamilton,

Thank you for the response! I believe we have Venus 4 installed on this system. I’ll try the suggestions you had made.

Thanks again!

1 Like