Error Handling on MircoLab Prep

Hi,

I have a couple questions:

1. Is it possible to adjust the pipetting setting for the Microlab Prep, from liquid detection to the bottom of the well?

2. Does anyone know how to add automatic error handling for the Mircolab prep? For example, when liquid isn’t dectected, I want the device to go directly to the bottom of the well.

Thanks
Denise

Hey Denise,
You can adjust the pipetting settings–when you are programing a step, after selecting pipetting channel, source, and target, you will be on the pipetting settings screen where you select tips, put in the volume, and your liquid class.

You should see some sub-menus in tabs above where the tips are selected. One of those is “Aspirate”. You can toggle “below liquid level” or “above container bottom” there as well as ‘follow liquid’. You’ll also be able to set how far below the liquid level or how high above container bottom you’d like to aspirate.

The Prep doesn’t have automatic error handling (outside of the normalization step)–it will error and then give you the option on how to proceed (including aspirating from the bottom of the well), but it will be a manual selection.

I hope that is helpful!

1 Like