Error while homing i5- Home D1 failed: unknown error

Has anyone ever encountered this error? While attempting to home or manually prime the syringes the instrument is throwing an error which says "Error while homing D: Home D1 failed: unknown error (device error 0x52A). This is a new one for me.

I’ve attempted power cycling the instrument and PC, priming the syringes in manual mode, as well as disabling probe one in the hardware setup without any luck.

Had this happen once before. The servo motor on your gantry might be borked. Call support. They’ll probably have to tear it apart to diagnose it and if it is a broken motor, you’ll need to replace it.

1 Like

@ehung Thanks for sharing your experience. I took another look at the syringes and realized that one is failing to change position. Turns out that I can move that one freely even when the instrument is powered on. I’m guessing it’s shot. :neutral_face:

@tbever It sounds like one of the Span8 Syringe pumps has gone bad? Can you see if the syringes try to run and then error out. Sometimes the fluid lines or mandrels get clogged and overload the syringe motor.

Please check to make certain that the thumbscrews for the syringe plungers are tight. These can loosen over time leading to errors.

1 Like

@dcmay It ended up being that the syringe motor had gone bad and needed to be replaced.

@mpost Thanks for the suggestion. The thumbscrews were tight. I have encountered in the past were one of the thumbscrews was so loose that the plunger was unable to move.

@tbever I am glad you were able to figure it out.

1 Like