How to engage all 8 channels to pipette large volumes from a reagent trough into a single conical tube

I am trying to add 40ml into a conical tube from a reagent trough using 1000ul tips. But it only engages a single channel at a time. I am currently looping 40 times. I would like use all 8 channels, and loop it 5 times.

You would need to create a loop within a loop:

Loop1 x5
aspirate from trough with all 8 channels
Loop2 (within loop1) x8
assign channel based on Loop2Counter
Dispense from assigned channel to Tube
Manually count both sequences.

be mindful of dripping during the dispense since liquid will be in the tips and the dispense action takes some time. You can probably set a fixed dispense height above the container opening if you don’t care about accuracy so that the channels will quickly do the dispense without having to enter the container.

1 Like

Your dispense sequence to the tube needs to have 8 positions. Since it is just a single tube, it would be 8 of the same position. This will allow the channels to access them one at a time for the full set of 8 channels.

3 Likes

Thank you Eric and Brandon, this is super helpful.

Eric, How do I make a sequence with 8 of the same position?

You can click on the position 8 times or lasso it 8 times. You can confirm how many positions have been added in the view I showed in the above image.

3 Likes

Hey Brandon,

what if I wanted to add four different liquids (of different kind and volume) from different location to for example corning 96b well plate from position A1 - 10, and durning the next iteration like jump row B and add it from c1 - 11 and last iteration add one liquid (of different volume and kind and position) and add it only to one well D10. For all I want to change the tip like for example if I am adding buffer into 10 well plates I change tip and add acid, and so on. I would gladly appreciate your help :slight_smile: