Importing package files

I’m a new Venus user. I’m trying to import a package file of an existing method. The method imports, but I get the following error when trying to simulate the method: Cannot open database connection. (Login failed for user ‘Hamilton’.) (0x60 - 0x12 - 0x12). Is there an export/importing setting I need to change?

Hi @ekenkel,

The error you’re receiving is due to VENUS being unable to form a connection with the Hamilton Vector Database (SQL). There are several causes for this, but the most likely are either a bad SQL install or improper user permissions. If you plan on using the Sample Tracking functionality, then the connection issue will need to be addressed. Alternatively, you can disable the Vector Database connection by using the steps below (this will allow you to simulate the method):

1. In Method Editor, go to Tools > System Configuration Editor

2. In the window that pops up, go to System Settings in the menu on the left, then to Sample Tracking Settings on the right and set Vector Database to ‘Off’:

3. Save and close the System Configuration Editor window, then try simulating your method.

If you plan on using Sample Tracking in the future, let me know and I will send along other instructions to try and fix the database connection.

Thank you,
Dan