Initial PyHamilton Robot_Method.py script Errors

Hello yall I’m relatively new to PyHamilton was wanting to use it to automate the application of checksums to prior edited .HSL files however, I cant seem to get past the first example project provided in the getting started thread. Currently when I start up the script I get a run control error indicating my method contains syntax errors.
Has anyone had similar issues and if so how did you overcome this as this workflow might be the answer for my team.

Here is the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “P:\GHam\trace recovery\robot_method.py”, line 34, in
tip_pick_up(ham_int, tips_poss)
File “C:\Users\sgellner\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\pyhamilton\liquid_handling_wrappers.py”, line 156,
in tip_pick_up
ham_int.wait_on_response(ham_int.send_command(PICKUP,
File “C:\Users\sgellner\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\pyhamilton\interface.py”, line 652, in wait_on_response
self.log_and_raise(HamiltonTimeoutError('Timed out after ’ + str(timeout) + ’ sec while waiting for response id ’ + str(id)))
File “C:\Users\sgellner\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\pyhamilton\interface.py”, line 711, in log_and_raise
raise err
pyhamilton.oemerr.HamiltonTimeoutError: Timed out after 60 sec while waiting for response id 0x1ed1746ecb47

Hi,

I recommend looking at the Venus trace file which will contain more information about the syntax error.

99% odds are the syntax error is a missing library file. Check the master repo at github.com/dgretton/pyhamilton/pyhamilton/library to see if the file you need is in there, and definitely let me know if it isn’t

1 Like

Ahh it appears when I did the config the JSON library got put into the wrong layer.

Oh that’s odd since the JSON library is built from an installer. Well good luck and let me know if you need more help

When it installed it did so in the Library folder not the Hamilton folder so the file path went library\Hamilton\library\HSLJSON. I’m all good and running now. When I get the automated checksum working I’ll share that since it seems this was a major impasse with people trying to edit multiple .hsl files from script.

1 Like