KingFisher Flex without BindIt

Hi all,

I was wondering has anyone incorporated a Kingfisher Flex into an integrated process with no user interaction? i.e loaded and unloaded by an arm.
I’ve found online that COM commands can be sent to the device to target each motion. But where bind-it puts mix speeds as “Medium, Slow” the individual commands use an integer 2-2500. Plus I know via BindIt when mixing it has some calculations done to only mix the volume that is defined in the wells. And that’s all ignoring the fact the COM commands bypass any offsets made by engineers and just works on the limit of the axis.

Anyone else looked into this before?

Many Thanks,
Steven

2 Likes

Very interested in this!

So i’ve done a bit more digging and found out that Bind it when connected via USB/COM is just transmitting the commands.
If you go to the general setting in Bind it there is this option:
and the log file it generates is every command and response.

So if you have a protocol designed and then running with this option enabled pretty much gives you a recipe card for what needs plumbing into any automation systems/integrations.

2 Likes

That’s fascinating, do you see commands in there for when the user is doing plate loading as well or is that handled all on the device?

Hi,
Yeah, so here is a snippet of one of the sections I’ve “decoded”
In this one the TXT command updates what is seen on the screen. But in load section we see this:
So the PAU command Pauses with a message on screen requiring a user to press the start button.

2 Likes