New to me Nimbus, where to start

I’ve just inherited a Nimbus 4 channel liquid handler, we just had it serviced and I’m ready to start learning but there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of online resources for beginners.

I thought it would be a good idea to ask here and see what you all suggest.

Long term I’d like to move NGS library prep’s to the Hamilton, but for now I’d be happy with just importing an excel file of DNA concentrations and having it normalize them, so any advice is appreciated for this green horn.

1 Like

Make sure you have the software to run Nimbus and not just the typical Venus4 software. Probably looking at some trial and error 'till you get the hang of things after setting up the basics.

Go through the Hamilton download library Library Downloads (Links) and try to find some guides to follow.

Hamilton Guides >> Quick Guides would likely be a good place to start.

1 Like

Hi @kellogg76 ,

I would like to also share with you a link to download the NIMBUS 4-specific programming guide. Most of the programming techniques are the same as VENUS on the STAR platform, but this will help cover the differences.

If you’d like to go a step further, the VENUS Software Basic Training that we offer also covers those techniques which can be applied to a NIMBUS (including file handling that you mentioned). You can find more information on our website at this link, or by reaching out to our trainers directly at training@hamiltoncompany.com.

Thank you,
Dan

3 Likes