Programing Help: Hamilton

Hey guys I have a few files that I’m working with for my lab, currently have files programmed to draw liquid to fill one storage plate and one sample plate. Wanted to know if anyone is savvy enough here to give me a refresher, I basically want to double the workload on my Microstar.

1 Like

Can you be more specific with what you need help with? And make the title more specific as well. Maybe post a screenshot of the script you are working on?

1 Like

Is there any way I can send over a zip of my Hamilton files?

If you could provide a screenshot of your deck layout, your desired volumes transferred and from which labware on deck as well as what the liquids are, we could better assist you.

Curious but have you done any trainings or looked at the manual?

My company didn’t want to pay for the training, we had a Hamilton guy come out and I tweaked his original script but its only so much I know on my end. I asked for a manual from the Hamilton guy but got crickets.

Okay give me a moment here.

That’s an absolute bummer. There are some great resources on this forum.

The Programmer’s Manual may have been posted in one of the links.

1 Like

This is the current layout. This flow generates a storage plate, and run plate, there’s room enough for me to double that work load.

On this forum, we’ve shared manuals, libraries, examples, etc. here.

On the Hamilton website, you can also request access to our Resource Center to get the latest manuals and materials. We’re in the process of making some more updates so more content will continue to be added.

4 Likes

Venus (and robot programming in general) can be tough if you don’t have any training or someone more experienced to show you the ropes. Reading the programmer’s manual is a really good place to start! Almost all of it will be useful at one point or another.

Anyone willing to review my Hamilton files if I email it to them?

2 Likes

I would be happy to in my spare time, but I don’t think I should be the only set of eyes for review!

On a relevant note, how would folks feel about a method review section on this forum? The best way to learn would be an open platform where strategies and reviews could be viewed in a collaborative environment. It’s so difficult to advance skills beyond the basic training classes and without having some sort of mentor or knowledge base to turn to, and we’re in a position to provide this.

2 Likes

If you want to direct message me your email, I can get it sent over. Thanks again for reaching out to help

1 Like

I strongly recommend posting them as screenshots here, you will get probably 100x as many people seeing them who might have suggestions

1 Like

I back this!