Sorting Sequence for optimal Channel access

Hi there,

I’m sure the is a library to perform this but I cannot find it:
Sometimes I have sequences spaning multiple plates which have n well to pipette to (not neccessarily full plates). When I do a “normal” dispense over those, it creates a lot of channel movement, e.g. if I have plate one with 12 wells, VENUS will pipette 8, then 4, and then continue with 4, 4, 4 and so on. This could be easily fixed by sorting the sequence by Y and then X coordinates. Even more optimal would be to sort the sequence in a way that return all possible 8-mers and then the remaining wells.

So short question: There has to be a library to perform this at runtime, I cannot do it in the deck layout because I modify the sequences via an external script at runtime first.

Thanks for you help in advance,
best
Dominik

There is an “opt order” library which does what you want - I don’t think its in here though, @EricSindelar_Hamilton, maybe you could add it?

Please refer to the following post. The STAR Tools suite contains the Channel Tools smt library that has many options for sorting and optimizing sequences.

https://forums.pylabrobot.org/t/library-downloads-requests/40/82?u=ericsindelar_hamilton

4 Likes