VirtualLabware MoveSeq

Hi all,
another question to VENUS:
I need to pool samples in a 50 mL falcon tube and drain the tip in jet mode. Sometimes this leaves a bubble at the end of the tip that drops / complicates the next aspiration. My idea is to use the virtuallabware_v2::MoveSeq funtion to “move” the falcon tube in X direction so that I can dispense to the wall of the tube instead of in the middle. However, there’s not documentation about this function, I could guess, but this involves some danger of a crash. So short question:

Would this call move destination seq 30 mm to the right?
What does the MoveSeqAll function do?

Quick Addon: My preferred way would be to do a surface dispense, however, I do not know the volume in the tip / it varies depending on how many samples I pool. There is no “drain tip to surface” right? Is there another workaround?

best
Dominik

“Would this call move destination seq 30 mm to the right?” yes. just remember to move it -30 mm once you are complete unless it’s a temporary sequence.

“What does the MoveSeqAll function do?” I believe this moves all labwares in that sequence in case your sequences contains more than one labware.

“Quick Addon: My preferred way would be to do a surface dispense, however, I do not know the volume in the tip / it varies depending on how many samples I pool. There is no “drain tip to surface” right? Is there another workaround?” You can store the remaining volume in some variable. There is a blowout dispense, but I forgot if it does liquid sensing.

Have you tried “side touch” dispense mode?

Yes but the maximum movement there is 4 mm I think which only works for PCR plates. So this does not work for my falcon tubes.

I now did a work aorung with surface empty which works, I just have to keep track of the volumes in the tip and pass an array of volumes to the dispense. And catch the error for the first dispense where the tube is still empty. It is kind of ugly but it works :slight_smile: