Vwork running extremely slow on some computers, but not others

Hi all,

We have been running into issues with Vworks running slowly on decently spec’d computers (12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700T 1.40 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)), and then running fast on underpowered laptops (Intel(R) Core™ i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)). We cannot pinpoint what is causing Vworks to run slow.

Describing the “slow” running speed:

• Each step executes slowly almost as if it is comparing each step
  • There is a pause between every instrument step execution where the Bravo almost “thinks” before it executes its steps
  • This effects both simulation and actual run times
  • Each step adds 10- 15 seconds making our protocols execute sometimes hours longer than needed

Agilent has pointed to that it could be a GHz issues, that cores under 3.0 GHz run Vworks slowly, but we have a 1.9 GHz laptop that runs vWorks fast. Along with that our 1.4GHz desktops (slow vWorks) have significantly more compute power than our 3.0 GHz (fast vWorks) computers.

Has anyone run into this?

Are these clean installations on new PC’s?

This reminds me of an issue I observed at a client site several years ago. They inherited a system from another site with a custom VHooks plugin attempting to connect to Titian Mosaic on every task, so the scheduler would not proceed to the next task until the request timed out.

Agilent was unable to diagnose the problem, but I noticed it was loading a custom plugin, and once we removed it, everything was working fine

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the advice! This didn’t seem to be the issue. Only thing that solved this was a fresh install of Vworks :man_shrugging: who knows what was going on!