When will Python 3.11 be supported?

Hi,

Python 3.11 was released almost a year ago. Could someone from Opentrons provide some insight into when this version will be supported by Opentrons?

The main issue seems to be with the aionotify dependency, for which I created a 3.11 compatible fork back in January: GitHub - rickwierenga/aionotify: Simple, asyncio-based inotify library for Python.

5 Likes

@rickwierenga

Thanks for bringing this up and providing additional details on the ticket! We are aware of the bug, and it is ticketed in our internal system. I cannot commit to an exact date on when this will be resolved, but I will make sure the ticket is brought to the attention of our engineering and product teams.

1 Like

Have there been any updates on this?

2 Likes

@rickwierenga We do not have an exact timeline, but we are actively working on it. The implementation is taking a bit longer than expected. I appreciate your patience and understand this is a blocking issue for many people.

The PR to make aionotify 3.11-compatible was just merged: Upgrade python by rbarrois · Pull Request #23 · rbarrois/aionotify · GitHub

What’s the next thing I can do to help make OT 3.11 compatible?

3 Likes