24-Column reservoir definition

Hi there,
Once again I’m struggling with VENUS. I’m trying to define a 24 channel reservoir such as this one:

The plan is to prepare PCR mastermix in it. So far I prepare the mastermix in tubes, but this makes pipetting longer, since I can only access the tube with one tip at a time. From what I see in the labware editor I probably have to define this reservoir as a 384 well plate, and then somehow connect specific containers. However, there’s only the option to connect all containers or keep them seperate. Or do I just define it as a 384-well plate with overlapping containers?

Any help would be really appreciated!

best
Dominik

1 Like

Hi Dominik,

I’ll try my hand at this - do you have a standard 12 column trough anywhere? If so, could you update those sites to be “24” instead of “12” and change the dimensions shown in the screenshot as needed?

Let me know if you don’t have this definition - it’s an off-the-shelf not proprietary one.

@Kastronaut has the right approach. Check out this thread for a 12-column example which could be further modified for 24-column. I’ll also follow up internally to see if anyone on the Hamilton team has authored this labware - I see one example but it doesn’t use this approach that has connected wells per trough.

2 Likes

Thank you both for the input, I’ll test this once I’m back in the lab :slight_smile:

1 Like

€: It worked perfectly!

2 Likes