Looking for Service Training

We have a customer that is asking us to perform some basic service tasks.

1. Replace tips filters ( the noticed some leaking)
  2. Perform an alignment check or zero check.
  3. Run a test procedure to ensure no other issues are there.

We are located in San Diego. So if you are in the area I would love to pay for service and some training on site or even remote training would be great.

The systems we have a EVO and Fluent. I was able to figure out the EVO and found a service manual but the Fluent I cant find any information.

did you look in the Tecan Fluent Operation manual? Changing filters is on page 160.

1 Like

please DM me for more info re Fluent service,

we have a variety of services to offer for Fluent setup, qualification, repairs, PM’s etc

2 Likes

Can you please send me a DM i think I am to new as the option to send DMs is not visible for me.

Thank you so much this is extremely helpful as I never found this exact manual.

Hi Virgil,
If you are still on the lookout for someone, I would be glad to help you out as what you are wanting done is within my skillset
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin

On this topic, does anyone know of any handy diy guides to replace an entire fluent airFCA channel?

EDIT: Failing that, if anyone knows someone local who does this in the benelux region I’d be happy to contact them

There are some repercussions to doing so, including channel alignment in X,Y,Z and torque-controlled set screw. Other than that, you’ll need to order some non-standard bits like a 1.25 hex key and other than that it’s a pretty straightforward swap.

However, I wouldn’t consider this an entry-level maintenance task.

Agreed. I did one of the first customer hardware trainings back in the day and it was tougher than it looked. It was easier to learn to swap an MCA than it was an FCA channel.

Also @Shinedalgarno do you need to swap the whole channel or just the part with the piston?

1 Like

The plastic part with the piston is broken/bent actually upon further examination, I’m not sure if that answers your question though :sweat_smile:

Ah geez. They have to swap the tip adapter which is at least easier than the whole channel. I think it’s just a set screw that keeps that in place.